3 Do's and Don'ts for Amazon PPC Advertising During COVID-19Apr 21, 2020
Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher, said: “change is the only constant in life.” As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, nothing could be more true.
Amazon sellers are facing all sorts of challenges right now; policy changes, surges (or falls) in product demand, and delays in supply chains.
So it makes total sense that your Amazon PPC advertising will change, as well as what you need to do to stay on top of your campaigns.
We’ve put together some basic do's and don'ts when it comes to managing your PPC campaigns through COVID-19.
1. Increase budgets on low ACoS/high converting campaigns to take full advantage of reduced competition. You can be sure that some of your competitors will be panicking and either dialing back their ad spend or worse still, turning their ads off completely. This presents a golden opportunity to increase your market share. You'll increase your organic ranking too.
2. Re-optimize your product listings including images if your product can speak to “at home buyers” for increased conversion. Making sure your product listings are optimized for SEO and conversions is more important than ever. With more people switching to Amazon as their primary shopping source, you don’t want to miss out on that extra traffic. But do not under any circumstances mention Coronavirus or COVID-19 on your listing. Your product will immediately be removed.
3. Use product targeting to identify and target competitor ASINs that have a longer delivery time than you do. This will require daily monitoring especially as Amazon has announced that it will start allowing third-party sellers to ship some nonessential items to its warehouses again. But it's another opportunity to gain a competitive advantage if you can.
1. Panic and switch off all your campaigns. We say this all the time. Don't manage your PPC based on knee jerk reactions and gut feel. Pay attention to your metrics and let the data inform your decisions - that's what it's there for. Some of your competitors will be panicking, so take advantage and grab those extra PPC sales at a lower cost!
2. Keep spending high on poor performing products with low conversion rates. Just as your ACoS is likely to be behaving differently, so will your conversion rates. If your conversion rates are much lower than usual, accept it for what it is and reduce your budget. Otherwise, you'll be throwing good money after bad and harming your organic rankings. Spend your precious ad dollars on the products that are holding their conversion instead.
3. Target ASINs/competitors that have a shorter delivery window than you do. Again, this will likely change on a daily basis now that Amazon is allowing the shipment of nonessential items to its warehouses.
During these tough times, the only thing we can do to stay on top of our campaigns, and our businesses for that matter, is to pay attention and adapt.
That way, we can make the most informed decisions possible as we try to weather this storm. When it comes to Amazon PPC, we're here to help you do just that.
Want Us To Manage Your PPC For You?
Schedule a call with us today and let's see how we can help you make you more money with Amazon Ads.
You’ll also get our best PPC tips straight to your inbox once a week.